19 April 2016

How to Trust*



Fall backwards.
Wait!
Who will catch you?

How friendly
is
the universe?

Practice re-
sure-
ection with me.

Love is.  Peace
will
be possible.

Lie on your
back,
and then again

from farther
a-
way from the ground.

Practice will
build
community

to have your
back
no matter where

you may be.
See?
Who holds is we.



 Poem 19 for April inspired by  and its prompt to write a how-to poem and today's Meditation on Community as Alternative Consciousness by Richard Rohr.

*Note:  All April poem-a-day poems are rough drafts awaiting revision.


Copyright © 2016 Susan L. Chast





2 comments:

Mama Zen said...

I've never been able to fall back. Perhaps I really should start off closer to the ground.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wonderful poem. I'm like Kelli, I never had enough trust to fall backwards.....LOL.