03 April 2016

To My Support Committee*


Who?  Me? 
Trust me?
How radical would that be
for the ground to trust the tree
for the tree to trust its roots and see
them relate to water that’s free
to run from mountain to sea
and reflect "what is" to me
whether or not I always see
more than my cup of tea
merely
what goes on with me
silently
something I won’t tell in story
or reveal to anybody
except maybe
slowly
a special care committee
with clear boundaries
and reliability
who know about the distant sea
and thus help me to see
truth of God and of me
in full accountability
silently
radically
whether failing or starting to succeed
there I am, it's me
who in trusting you learn to trust me.



Day 3 of poetry month, without using a prompt ...

*Note:  All April poem-a-day poems are rough drafts awaiting revision.


Copyright © 2016 Susan L. Chast




2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Susan, don't revise this one, it is spectacular and I see a chat coming up. I can't tell you how much I love the ground trusting the tree, the roots trusting the ground and the self-reflection.......chat about this? Once not so busy?

Mama Zen said...

Doesn't need a bit of revision in my opinion!