06 October 2026

Where the dance lives

 

 

source

When I was young
I used to run
and dance along
a path 
up into the trees,
over the moss,
into the shade,
where the fairy folk lived
under orange pine needles.
 
You could see the openings
to their caves, so
never stepped on them
as you tiptoed through
to the climbing tree
where a new song began
as feet left the land
and moved branch to branch
above the ground.
 
And now the tunes
play in my head
as I remember the path
from where the dance began
to where fairies live.
I can imagine
they live there still
even if tree frogs and red efts
glide through their empty nests.


For Mary's Prompt "Music, Rhythm, Dance, Joy."

My blog poems are rough drafts.
Please respect my copyright
© 2026 Susan L. Chast 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!