10 October 2026

Finding the love song

 

🎜🎝🎢🎜🎝🎢🎜🎝🎢🎜🎝🎢 


 

Here I am.
It’s been a while.
That’s why my voice is distorted.
I’m looking for my vocal chords,
the ones that always made me feel (and sound) like song.
Now I’ll settle for poetry—
unrhymed, un-metered free verse—
(though you may discover a rhythm here if you read aloud).
I love because some force loves through me,
not from personal volition, though I hope love grows
the will to love against all odds.
Love as a gift, love as a benevolent weapon
against despair (both yours and mine).
The world has turned red hot,
while the earth still has a lot of green.
The green is the love that may quench the heat and flames
if we—if I—grow with it, go with it more of the time
in words as well as silence.
Once I find my vocal chords
I'll sing with a voice for love and peace--
I think I will, I know I will 
voice the spirit that moves through me
to inspire others as I have been moved.
 


My blog poems are rough drafts.
Please respect my copyright
© 2026 Susan L. Chast 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!